Platform Software Engineer
Lime Energy is seeking a Platform Software Engineer. The ideal candidate will be resilient, flexible, understand the dynamics and challenges of an entrepreneurial business, and committed to growing with the company. Lime is a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding, fun and rewarding growing organization. The Platform Software Engineer is an integral position and demands a highly collaborative approach, positive work ethic and attitude, as well as a high level of commitment. The Platform Software Engineer will apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design of current and future Lime Energy Platform Roadmaps.
The Platform Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions as part of a larger effort to create a platform to support a National Operations Center. This individual will focus on building a platform to monitor and improve our business operations through KPI’s, data analysis and data visualization solutions. This role will act as a technical advocate for all the disciplines within the National Operations Center and will work across departments to provide technical requirements to Software Development and implement portions of the platform through configurations and integrations. The role will require a high level of collaboration and interaction, strong technical skills, attention to detail and an ability to understand the business and the application of technology to achieve business goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a technology platform for our National Operations Center using data, KPI’s, processes and workflows
- Work with the business stakeholders to identify the KPI’s of the business and implement into a data visualization toolset
- Work with multiple technical disciplines, engineering, program design, marketing, sales and strategy and business operations and gain an understanding of how the business operates
- Identify and document opportunities to streamline the business operations and deliver requirements to software development and technology services groups
- Prepared to multi-task between intensive data analysis using Microsoft Excel to solve an immediate need and big thinking solution design and creation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field desired but not required. Experience and expertise will be valued higher than formal education.
- Basic hardware knowledge of laptops, desktops, servers with knowledge and desire to manage the technical operations of a command center
- 4+ years of related experience which demonstrates a skillset that includes the technical and collaborative soft skills
- Very strong SQL and SQL Server experience required
- Very strong Microsoft Excel and Office tools knowledge and experience
- Experienced in technical requirements, software architectures, facilitating discussions with various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable in PaaS and SaaS and emergent technologies in the marketplace
- Experience in Business Intelligence tools highly desired, Tableau, Power BI, Domo etc
- Knowledge of and business experience managing data quality within a CRM or other customer centric environment
- Experience with one or more modern development languages highly desired (C#, Python, Java, etc)
- Knowledgeable in systems integrations and building creative solutions using off the shelf products such as Zapier, IFTTT, AppSheet, Microsoft PowerApps, Quickbase
- Willingness to learn new tools, technologies and stays current with market trends