The Field Construction Super Intendent will work closely with the Senior Project Manager, Construction Manager and other team members (Sales Manager, Energy Advisors, Customers and Installation Contractors to ensure project preparation, completion and follow-up is completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. The Project Manager will act as a primary contact between the energy advisors, contractors, vendors, installers, and internal team members to ensure proactive communication of all relevant project information. The Project Manager will also build and nurture positive customer relationships and work to ensure the customer’s needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Construction and Sales Team with the determination of project requirements (i.e. lifts, materials, documentations, etc.).
- Assist the Construction Team with preliminary scheduling, acquiring of contractor quotes, as well as change orders.
- Conduct pre-install site inspections, internal pre-construction meetings, and customer communications.
- Assist the Energy Advisors with identifying ECM’s and training them to become more accurate in their identification process.
- Assist the Construction Manager with planning and scheduling of installers, material, recycling and equipment needs; schedule recycling and material delivery and pick-ups.
- Regularly communicate with the Construction Manager, and all applicable team members, regarding project status and any issues that arise (i.e. missing or damaged material), provide suggested solutions, as applicable.
- Coordinate with installers to acquire necessary permits and licenses.
- Communicate all relevant project information to the project team (i.e. material status, start dates, contact info, etc.)
- Communicate, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives to support efficiency.
- Act as the primary contact between the customer, contractors, vendors, installers, and internal team members during the construction phase.
- Build and nurture positive customer relationships to ensure customer needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
The Project Manager will also provide support to Construction Department by:
- Managing the workflow of project documents and project completion forms
- Leading continuous improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing construction patterns
- Completing cost analytics of construction invoices and lighting costs
- Helping to track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated
- Reviewing progress reports, check on any reported difficulties, and correct any safety violations or other reported deficiencies
- Creative thinker with excellent technical skills
- Change order management
- Material ordering and delivery coordination with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear focus on delivering results
- Strong organizational skills to manage daily responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with sound judgment and initiative
- Fluency in English (Knowing Spanish would be useful, but not required)
- Superior critical thinking, analytic and communications skills
- A clear focus on delivering results and achieving objectives
- Team player who is not focused on titles and is willing to pitch in and help out where necessary
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to operate with reasonable flexibility
- Lighting experience required
- 3-4 years of Commercial Construction Management experience
- Construction Management degree not required, but is a plus
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Salary commensurate with experience.